Join us online on 22 May to honour immersive and meaningful travel experiences. As the world is reopening, we’ll be talking about all the things we miss about meaningful travel, from feeling the sun on our skin to learning from local leaders. Find out what memories previous participants have made, the environmental and social impact our program managers oversee on the ground and, most importantly, how you can still travel this year.
Talks on the day will cover our mission, our goals, our impact, career development with GVI, general volunteering with GVI, and our online courses. Our field staff from Seychelles and Thailand will be offering insight into our wildlife and marine conservation and ethical community development programs in those locations. We’ll also be joined by past participants who’ll open up about their GVI experiences.
Below is the schedule of events:
- 13:00 -13:45 – Everything you need to know about GVI – with Brooklyn
- 13:45 – 14:15 – Community development in Thailand (Phang Nga) – with Vanessa
- 14:15 – 14:30 – My experience volunteering on a GVI community development project (Talk by past participant)
- 14:30 – 15:00 – Marine and wildlife conservation in Seychelles (Curieuse) – with Jazzy
- 15:00 – 15:15 – My experience volunteering on a GVI conservation project (Talk by past participant)
- 15:15 – 15:45 – Virtual internships: How to make an impact remotely
- 15:45 – 16:00 – Final word – with Brooklyn